Fortunately for me, technical expertise is not a prerequisite for people to enjoy my blog. If it was...I'd be in deep water.
Let me just say, to win an award from such a gorgeous site as The Ardent Epicure is high praise indeed. I was not aware that several on my list of favorite bloggers are all contributors (and related) to the site. So, I thank you most humbly and kindly for the recognition.
The rules state that I must reveal seven things about myself...what a double-edged sword that could be eh??
1. I am a complete techno-phobe (big surprise there huh) and have been known to throw abberant electronic devices across the room, in the pool, or just sweep them off my desk into the floor. I once thought about shooting my computer tower with a 9mm handgun.
2. My 27 year old daughter had to teach me what a blog was and why one would want to have one.
3. I have asked Santa Clause to put Johnny Depp in my Christmas stocking for over 10 years now and it has never happened.
4. I can resist any evil temptation save good dark chocolate.
5. I am a raging, wild-eyed germ-a-phobe and clean freak.
6. I have no formal culinary training, though I have devoured every book, magazine or article I can find on cooking. My favorite show was a PBS series called "Great Chefs of America" over 25 years ago...and I watched it religiously. As a child, I stood on a kitchen chair and made biscuits, pies and other goodies with my grandmother.
7. I won the Kentucky Cattlemen's Association Beef Cook-off in 1996 and competed at the University of Kentucky at Bollingreen's culinary school for a chance to win the National Title. There were 50 competitors...one from every state. I took second place in the Nationals.
The next requirement for accepting this award is to pass it on to 15 other bloggers. That will be a hard choice because there truely are SO many wonderfully talented foodies here. However, I will do my best..
1. Stella at http://thewitchykitchen.blogspot.com/ who was one of the first people to find and begin following my blog. Her site is lovely and her recipes are always bewitching!
2. Rick at http://bittersweetsugarandsarcasm.blogspot.com/ who is just a hoot! He was also one of the first to find and follow my blog. His posts are so adorable and creative...I still get a kick out of the Nyquil thing...
3. Drick at http://dricksramblingcafe.blogspot.com/ whose garden fresh creations remind me of my childhood.
4. Kristin at http://wiseanticsoflife.blogspot.com/ (Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker) for her make-it yourself attitude and because I understand what its like to be the chauffer, laundress, cook, maid, teacher, bookkeeper etc etc etc.......
5. Chef Dennis at http://morethanamountfull.blogspot.com/ whose recipes are inspired, photos amazing and his obvious commitment to the girls who have been placed in his capable charge.
6. Claudia at http://pegasuslegend-whatscookin.blogspot.com/ whose every recipe comes with a family story. It is a lovely and tasty legacy!
7. Biren at http://rotinrice.blogspot.com/ because I am so envious of her photography skills and...her creative and beautiful recipes.
8. Jacob at Jacob's Kitchen ...Im sorry, I can't find the url for his site. I know you can find it on facebook but I don't know the blog server. All I can say is...WOW..that man can bake! I don't know if I ever seen such mouthwatering baked goods.
9. Chef Ryan (Cajun Chef Ryan)...again, I don't have the url but you can catch his posts on foodbuzz.com I love his simple approach...great ingredients, homemade...and always fresh.
10. Lazaro at http://lazarocooks.blogspot.com/ I am endlessly amazed at his creativity and presentation. If he's a practicing home cook...I'm in big trouble!
11. Roxan at http://kitchenmeditation.blogspot.com/ for her creative use of healthy ingredients and wonderful writing.
12. Kristin at http://motherrimmy.com/wordpress/ who is a prolific poster of delicious and healthful recipes.
13. http://sophisticatedpeasant.blogspot.com/ I'm sorry I don't know her name but this blogger is a wealth of information on healing foods.
14. Vegan Aide...no url on this one either but find on foodbuzz. An amazingly talented vegan cook.
15. Healthy Exposures...that girl makes oatmeal look like a 5 star meal. I'm truely impressed with her very healthy eating habits.
That about raps it up...thanks again to The Ardent Epicure (and all it's contributors) for the award!
Look at these photos I took at the Edison Ford Winter Estates (in Fort Myers) a few weeks ago. Why can't my food photos come out like this?
"Seminole Lodge" Part of the Thomas Edison Winter Estate in Fort Myers
Wisteria covered trellis that conects Edison's private home to his guest house, The Seminole Lodge.