Sunday August 15, 2010
Banana Breakfast Burrito (Vegan)
For each burrito:
- 1 whole grain tortillas of choice
- 2 Tablespoons organic peanut butter
- 1 fresh banana
- 1 Tablespoon Wheat Germ
- 1 Tablepoon flax meal *optional
- 2 Tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- cocoa for sprinkling
- agave and fresh fruit to serve
- coconut oil for browning
Spread peanut butter evenly on tortilla. Top with sliced bananas and all desired toppings. Roll up burrito style (see video) and place seam side down in a hot pan that is brushed with coconut oil. Brown on all sides. Slice burrito in half and plate with fresh fruit, drizzle of agave and a sprinkling of cocoa powder, cinnamon or both.
This is great as a simple, healthful dessert as well.