Monday, March 8, 2010

Mike Adams, The Health Ranger...great website!

http://www.naturalnews.com/028323_Hydrolyzed_Vegetable_Protein_HVP.html


I encourage everyone to take a couple of moments to check out what Mike Adams has to say about Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein.  This stuff is NASTY and in it's in SO many packaged foods.  Currently there is a recall due to salmonella contamination.  READ LABLES everyone...buzz words to look for are hydrolyze, autolyzed, textured vegetable protein (TVP), yeast extract.  ALL of these are potential hidden sources of MSG.  If you are not familiar with the dangers of this neurotoxin, I really recommend you read up.  Some of my favorite books on the subject are:

In Bad Taste:  The MSG Syndrome by George R. Schwartz MD
Don't go to the book store for these books...you can pick them up on Amazon (used) for next to nothing.  I'm sorry if it looks like I'm putting those up here as an advertisement.  I do have an amazon associates account (obviously) but I'm posting these just to help people out because you can get them so CHEAP.

There's also one called The Crazy Makers by Carol Simontacchi

"How the Food Industry is Destroying Our Brains and Harming Our Children"

It's a real eye opener...dealing with not only MSG by also other types of excitotoxins/neurotoxins in foods and beverages.

The really SAD thing about this is...its not like manufacturers don't KNOW what this stuff does.  It's not like the FDA doesn't KNOW...they know alright.  Is there anyone that actually believes the FDA protects the public interest?  If you do...I strongly encourage you to spend a lot of time on http://www.naturalnews.com/  or http://www.healthranger.org/healthtips.html  Also, if you are not familiar with http://www.mercola.com/ that is an invaluable resource!

I also recommend the book Excitotoxins; The Taste That Kills by Russell L. Blaylock MD
Again...another one you can get used on Amazon for very low price.

Lastly, I'd like to recommend this little purse sized booklet that will help you exorcise your pantry and help you know what NOT to buy in the grocery store.  It's called
Food Additives: A Shopper's Guide To What's Safe & What's Not by Christine
Hoza Farlow, D. C.   Im not sure what that price is about on the amazon link...LOL  I got this booklet from Amazon for $4 bucks so check the used list and see.  Maybe it's out of print?? I don't know...but it's a tiny little booklet that will fit in your purse so I can't see how that is the correct price.  If you can't find it cheaper...let me know.  I will contact the author and offer it from my website at cost only. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooohooo, yippeeee...I've got comments!

About Me

My photo
Fort Myers, Florida, United States