Monday, February 8, 2010

Back in the Saddle (so to speak)

Hello friends,

After a ridiculously long hiatus, I am happy to report that I am BACK! As most of my friends know; we have FINALLY gotten moved. I will miss my Orlando friends terribly...but uhm...I will NOT miss Orlando! Thank you for all your cards and emails regarding my surgery. I am right as rain...no cancer. I am definately blessed. The move was grueling and we must have looked like a caravan of gypsies. Me, driving my husband's one and half ton truck AND pulling a u-haul trailer and he driving a full on SEMI and towing my Jeep behind. We are indeed here in lovely Cape Coral though. Can I just say, I love this place! Please check my facebook page for pictures of the house.

The next news item (one of significant importance) is concerning my website. As of right now there is NO homegrowngourmet.com to visit. Oh, I still own the domain but my previous hosting service was unsatisfactory and I changed as of January 1st. Well, wouldn't you know it...the one I chose (and I will not throw them under the bus by naming them) turned out to be WORSE than the old one. There was no live techinical support. For me that was a NIGHTMARE because we all know Jill is NOT a techie! Long story short, after three weeks of exchanging emails (because you can't actually talk to a REAL person on the phone), I finally got my domain hosting transferred to godaddy. The really rotten part of this whole debacle is that the content of my original site was NOT transferred. Sooooooooo...you got it...Jill is now doing what she detests more than anything in entire world. Building a NEW website. Thank heavens I had the foresight to save the content to my computer! Just think of all those recipes.

I apologize for the length of time the site has been unavailable. We have continued to post youtube videos but I have been unable to put the corresponding recipes on my website. My daughter (who IS quite blog savvy) tells me that I should just post them on the blog until my site is back up. DUH!!!! I knew there was a reason we spent so much money on that girl's college education.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. I PROMISE that website will be back in action by next weekend. You know me and my love of HTML...don't expect miracles. In the meantime email me your questions at sjscates@aol.com or post your questions/suggestions or thoughts here on the blog. Another change to note is the phone number. It is just to difficult to catch me on the land line. If you need to speak with me on the phone, send an email to the above address and I will provide my cell phone number.

Stay tuned...the recipes and articles are coming back!

Health and Happiness to all,

Jill Anderson
The Homegrown Gourmet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooohooo, yippeeee...I've got comments!

About Me

My photo
Fort Myers, Florida, United States