Monday, February 23, 2009

Thanks!

Hey, I'd just like to give a shout out to all my friends who have been reading my blog posts and emailing me! This is something I've always wanted to do and you guys are great. Please feel free to post your comments here so all the readers can enjoy them!

I have a couple of exciting events on the radar! This Friday, Feb. 27th, I'll be speaking and answering questions at the Winter Springs Rotary Club meeting! I am really looking forward to that.

Coming up in Mid-March, you'll be able to visit us at The Homegrown Gourmet's booth at the Winter Springs Mardi-Gras. I will post the exact dates when I get all the info. I will also be donating an appetizer to the dignitaries lounge....GOTTA LOVE THE ADVERTISING THERE!

I am considering doing a booth at the Taste of Oviedo in April but the jury is still out on that one.

It looks as though we didn't take enough of a beating at Central Florida Veg Fest back in October! We have decided to do a booth at the Orlando Earth Expo in April. It will be another joint effort between Get Green Organics Inc. (for which I am executive/consulting chef) and my own company, The Homegrown Gourmet! The rules are the same...all Vegan food. I've got a little time to work on a brand new Spring Menu for this festival. Turnout is expected to be around 20,000 (twice the amount of Veg Fest!). Yes...I know what I'm going to be asked...there WILL be The Homegrown Gourmet's now FAMOUS Vegan Cupcakes! I have a brand new one to introduce....Key Lime! Yes...we WILL have our equally famous "crack tea" (so named because people can't seem to stop drinking it!). I know we'll work our behinds off...as usual but it's all good! Hopefully, by then I WILL be bringing hard copies of my Vegan cookbook! "The Homegrown Gourmet Cooks For The Vegan"

Also on the radar screen is taping two podcasts tomorrow. I will post the URL and times when I get them! I'll be featuring one simple, quick and nutritious recipe in each podcast.

We DOOOOO have our sights on a local cable network cooking show! We've already been in contact with a producer (whom I have worked with in the past on other projects) and he feels it would be a huge success! Now I just need to find SPONSORS!

Right now, I'm a little crazy with plans and publishing and writing scripts for the new youtube series, which we SHOULD be filming next weekend...hopefully. I will need to film six episodes in two days so there is a lot of planning going into that. We are getting better at it though!

I have NOT forgotten about the new article on hydrogenated oils! My fingers are SMOKIN' right now because I have SO many things to type! Look for the new article either by the end of this week or beginning of next week.

Remember, there are several ways you can contact me and I love to get your questions and comments!

Use the blog!
Email me at jill@thehomegrowngourmet.com
Visit my website at www.thehomegrowngourmet.com
Contact me through www.getgreenorganics.com
Call me at 407-610-9513

Until next time....Health and Happiness to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooohooo, yippeeee...I've got comments!

About Me

My photo
Fort Myers, Florida, United States